The Michigan Downtown Association is asking for nominations for its first annual MDA Awards. Winners will receive their awards during the MDA’s annual Statewide Michigan Downtowns Conference in Bay City, October 18-19, 2017. The deadline for award nominations is August 25 via email to email@example.com with “MDA Award Nominations” in the subject or post-marked letters sent to to Michigan Downtown Association, PO Box 82369, Rochester, MI 48308.
There are six award categories. Nominees for categories 1 through 5 must be MDA members and/or from MDA member communities. There is a complete list of MDA members on their web site.
- Best Downtown Economic Development Project Under 1 Million Dollars
- Best Downtown Economic Development Project Over 1 Million Dollars
- Best Promotions & Marketing Project/Program: Small Town Under 10,000 Population
- Best Promotions & Marketing Project/Program: Mid-size and Large Communities Over 10,000 Population
- MDA Volunteer of the Year (a volunteer activity for MDA, not in a community)
- Lifetime Achievement (this person does not have to be an MDA member and can be anyone for any downtown in Michigan)
Nomination Information Required for all Award Categories:
- Community name
- Name of person or project being nominated
- Address of project or person
- Contact information for project or person
- Name and contact information of person making the nomination
- Project description/why do you feel this project or person should win this award? (250 words or less and 5-6 bullet points which best summarize the project or why the project or person should receive this award)
- Number of full and part-time jobs created (if applicable)
- Total project cost
- Names of the primary project architect, engineer, and general contractor
- Age of the building/project (if applicable)
- Architectural style of the building (if applicable)
- 3-4 photos (jpgs) of the interior and 3-4 photos (jpgs) of the exterior (if applicable)
NOTE: All Nominations must be for achievements/projects within the past 1-3 years.
For more information or questions contact Tiffany Dziurman, MDA Assistant Director, at (248) 838-9711.
Jennifer Rigterink is a legislative associate for the League handling economic development, land use and municipal services issues. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-908-0305.